Before proceeding with the integration of your Instagram page with Callbell, you must make sure that you fulfill the following requirements:
- Your Instagram account must be registered as a Business account
- The Instagram account must be connected to a Facebook page
- You will need to allow access to Messages of Connected Tools
Below we explain how to make sure you comply with the 3 requirements:
1) Check that the Instagram account is registered as a Business account
To make sure your Instagram account is registered as a Business account, go to Settings and check if the Business choice appears in the list. If not, you can convert your account to a business account by following these steps:
- In Settings , search for Accounts and tap Switch to a professional account.
- Choose the category that best describes your company, then select Business.
2) Connect your Instagram account to your Facebook page
If you have not already done so, you will need to link your Instagram account to a Facebook page of which you are an administrator: to do this, go to the Settings of your Facebook page, select Instagram > Connect account > Allow access to Instagram messages.
3) Allow access to messages from the Instagram account settings
In order to manage your Instagram Direct messages from external platforms such as Callbell you will need to allow access to the messages. To do this, go to your Instagram account Settings from the Instagram mobile app > Privacy > Messages > Connected Tools > Enable "Allow Access to Messages"
Once these 3 requirements have been verified, you can proceed with the integration of your Instagram page from your Callbell account under Settings > Integrations.