If you are interested in integrating WhatsApp through the WhatsApp Business API, you will be required to start the verification process of your company on Facebook Business Manager.
To carry out the process, follow these steps:
- Log in to Facebook Business Manager or create a new account if you don't have one yet
- Go to Business Manager Information and check if the company's verification status appears as "Verified"
- If your account is verified, take a screenshot of the page and share your Business Manager ID with our team.
If the account appears to be unverified, go to the Security Center, and check if you can begin the verification process.
- If you can begin the verification process, complete the process by sending one of the valid documents (find the list of accepted documents here) for the verification of your company.
Examples of documents that Facebook accepts and does not accept to verify the legal name of a business:
Examples of documents that Facebook accepts and does not accept to verify the legal address of a business:
- If you are unable to start this process as the verification button is grayed out, create a generic app by following the following steps:
Step 1: go to the Facebook Developer page (https://developer.facebook.com)
Step 2: click "Get started" in the top right corner
Step 3: complete registration steps by confirming your information
Step 4: click on "Create an app"
Step 5: select Manage Business Integrations> Give your app any name> select that you will use the app for for "Yourself or your own business" app and select the Business Manager account for which you want to unlock the verification button.
Step 6: confirm the creation of the app
Once this is done, the button to start the verification process of your company will be unlocked and you can continue with the sending of the required documentation from the Security Center of your Facebook Business Manager account.
Before moving forward with the process to request access to the official WhatsApp Business API, your Company verification status should appear as Verified ✅