While the integration with WhatsApp Web allows you to link your WhatsApp account to Callbell in minutes by scanning the QR code that is normally used to open WhatsApp Web, the integration through the official Business APIs (which use a virtual line that is not based on a smartphone) requires the approval from WhatsApp to use a new phone number that is not tied to an WhatsApp account currently in use*.
While the first allows you to try our platform quickly and immediately get an idea of what the main features are but is based on a constant mobile phone connection, the second represents the official solution offered by WhatsApp and guarantees perfect stability of the service.
So what are the main features of the two integrations?
Integrating WhatsApp via WhatsApp Web:
- Allows you to link an existing WhatsApp account
- Requires a constant internet connection of your smartphone
- It does not allow the sending of voice notes, it does not support the receipt of location, videos and contact cards
- Does not require approval from WhatsApp (this is an unofficial integration)
- You can try this integration with your WhatsApp Business account
Integrating WhatsApp via the official WhatsApp Business API:
- Requires the use of a number not associated with an existing WhatsApp account*
- Requires WhatsApp (Facebook) approval (the process takes about 48 hours)
- It is based on a virtual line and does not require the use of a smartphone
- This is an official integration (allows you to request a verified business tick)
- It allows you to send voice notes, receive locations and contact cards and show the ticks of the message sent, received and read.
- Requires the use of message templates when writing to a customer 24 hours after his last message / when the contact has never got in touch with your business.
- You can try this integration through our demo account
Which integration to choose?
If WhatsApp is a key channel for your business, our recommendation is to choose the WhatsApp Business API, although the process may take a few more days to activate your account. If WhatsApp is a secondary communication channel for your business, you may choose to continue with our WhatsApp Web integration and eventually decide to switch to a virtual line later on.
* you can use a number already in use on WhatsApp by deleting the account from the WhatsApp settings: once the approval of WhatsApp has been received, it will be possible to make the transition of the number immediately; it will not be possible to recover the chat history of the account that will be deleted.