Here are some suggestions on how to integrate WhatsApp into your Callbell account through WhatsApp Web.
To proceed with the integration, simply scan the QR code (that you find under the "WhatsApp Web" section of your WhatsApp account settings) by clicking on "Connect", in the "Integrations" section in your Callbell account settings. Once the integration is activated, you will start to receive messages from your WhatsApp account directly on your Callbell account.
Here are some tips on how to make sure that the integration works correctly:
- It is recommended to connect a WhatsApp Business account, even if the integration also works with a personal account. Once you have connected a WhatsApp account, all new messages will be visible to you and your team within your Callbell account.
- Please do not sign in to the WhatsApp web version after you have connected your number to your Callbell account, this will result in a connection reset and you will have to go through the connection procedure again.
- Make sure that the WhatsApp app is running on your device (not in power saving mode), that your Internet connection is stable and that your smartphone has a good battery life (we recommend leaving it constantly charged). We also recommend you to install the "Keep my phone on" application, which ensures that the phone screen remains always on.
In this guide we provide you with some practical tips to make sure that the integration works in the best possible way.
- You can send / receive text, images and PDFs + receive audio. It is not possible instead to send audio and send / receive videos.
- Do not use WhatsApp for marketing purposes: since the integration between Callbell and WhatsApp Web is not based on the official WhatsApp API, the risk of your number being blocked by WhatsApp is greater. A dozen "Report as spam" by your users are enough to block your WhatsApp account. Once the lock has been completed, it will no longer be possible to unblock your account and you will have to proceed to integrate a new phone number.
- Do not send more than 6000 messages / day: if you plan to exceed these volumes, you should request access to the WhatsApp Business API in order to avoid a potential blockage of your number.
N.B. : if this were your case, get in touch and we will help you in the process of requesting access to the official WhatsApp Business APIs.
- Do not use numbers or devices that have been blocked by WhatsApp in the past.
- The trial period lasts 7 days. During the period, we will provide you with all the support you need to set up your Callbell account. After the free trial period, your chat module will be blocked, your messaging channels will be disconnected and you will have to upgrade to our paid plan to continue using the platform.
In order to do so, you will need to get in touch us through our support chat and communicate us the number of agents that will use the system and the renewal period of your subscription (quarterly or yearly).
N.B. : the integration with WhatsApp Web has a fixed cost of 25 euros / month, regardless of the number of agents working within the platform. In this guide you can find more information on the pricing of our chat module.
- If after 7 days you decide you do not want to proceed with our chat module, your Callbell account will remain active on the free plan, which means you will be able to keep the widget eventually installed on your website for free.
For any questions or concerns, don't hesitate to ask us for advice!